Position Specification: Vice President, Engineering
About the Company:
Instrument Transformer Equipment Corporation (ITEC) is a leading provider of standard and custom engineered top quality instrument transformers. These are built to provide long term service and high accuracy in utility applications of metering and protection. The business is located in Monroe, NC (suburb of Charlotte, NC) and is self-contained (engineering, front office, and production and EHV testing all on one site). ITEC is part of Power Grid Components, Inc a growth platform that is acquiring domestic transmission & distribution supply companies who serve electric utility and large industrial customers. ITEC is in growth mode, having just invested in a new state of the art high voltage test field which will enable product line expansion.
About the Opportunity:
ITEC is looking for a Director of Engineering, reporting to the President. The individual will lead a strong experienced team involved in product design development, application engineering, and production engineering. In the small company environment of ITEC, this individual will be in a position to directly influence all technical aspects of the business including purchasing, production, product testing, quality, and technical customer support. This position requires relocation to the Charlotte, NC area.
Qualifications & Experience:
The desirable candidate will possess at least 15 years of utility electrical product engineering/design experience and at least 5 years of experience as a manager. Transformer product (high voltage Instrument or Power Transformers, or Current Capacitor Voltage Transformers) design experience is preferred. Candidate should be able to demonstrate his/her ability to lead an engineering team to carry out design work supporting existing products along with the development of new products. The company will consider candidates with design experience with other high voltage electrical products. Direct experience with power dielectrics is considered a strong benefit.
BS in Electrical Engineering (emphasis in Power Engineering preferred) is required. MS in Electrical Engineering and MBA would be favorably noted.
The highly desirable candidate will be:
- A self-starter; able to operate on his/her own initiative.
- Operate with the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Entrepreneurial; able to thrive in a lean, small company environment.
- A team player; secure operating with peers and superiors; respectful and appropriate working with direct reports and hourly workforce.
- A working manager; “rolling up sleeves” and pitching in to do the work is a must.
- Customer service oriented in everything they do.
- True to the engineering, but will also maintain a proper business perspective at all times.
- Focused on getting things done, doing things correctly, and making his/her work environment the best it can be.
- Positive, optimistic, and will possess a good sense of humor.
Competitive base salary and benefits, plus an annual bonus tied to individual & Company performance.