Electrical Design Engineer – Distribution Transformers
- Wodonga, Regional Victoria, Australia
Wilson Transformer Company is an Australian-owned and based engineering, manufacturing and service company, providing transformer solutions to a wide variety of industries and customers around the world. We take pride in our enviable international reputation for quality, reliability, and service.
At Wilson Transformer Company, we build our products smart for life. From the integration of genuine innovation to smart responses to customer requirements, each transformer leaves our facilities with engineered design features that optimise the life of the product and manufacturing processes that deliver a high-quality product. As a consequence, our transformers deliver superior value over their life through reliable performance.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transformer Engineering Specialist who can support our growing Distribution Transformer Business Unit. The position will be located in regional Victoria, Wodonga, but may require domestic and international travel from time to time.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Excellent communication skills
- Provide innovative and creative Engineering solutions that meet company and customer quality standards
- Deliver engineering solutions on time, considering the most cost-effective utilisation of people, materials and plant while maintaining high quality standards
- Follow company engineering and information control standards
- Through clever design enable productivity and quality gains – solve problems
- Electrical design of distribution transformers typically rated up to 10 MVA;
- Continuous improvement of design to achieve best practice standards;
- Development of design software for electrical design; and
- Provision of comprehensive technical information for tenders and detailed designs
- Capable of reading, understanding and interpreting Bill of Materials and relevant drawings
Your Experience and Qualifications will include:
- Electrical Engineering Degree with major in Electrical Power preferably within the last 3 years
- Graduate having their qualification from local institutions are preferred.
- At least two Years' of recent product design experience with oil immersed distribution transformer
- Experience of designing transformer products for Renewable Energy segment including transformers for Solar PV, Wind Generation, and Battery Storage applications.
- Experience of designing special transformer with High temperature Class insulation and high fire point fluid, K-Rated transformers.
- Experience of using and developing design optimization software using latest tools and platforms i.e. MATLAB, MATPOWER etc.
- Sound knowledge of related transformers product and material standards
- Working knowledge of operations and programming of equipment used in transformer industry i.e. winding and core cutting equipment.
- Failure investigation, root cause analysis and reporting experience
- Demonstrated project management, planning and cost control skills
- Attention to detail, Team Player with good communication skills