Wilson Transformer Company (WTC) is an Australian-owned and based engineering, manufacturing and service company, providing transformer solutions to a wide variety of industries and customers around the world. We take pride in our enviable international reputation for quality, reliability, and service.
At Wilson Transformer Company, we build our products smart for life. From the integration of genuine innovation to smart responses to customer requirements, each transformer leaves our facilities with engineered design features that optimise the life of the product and manufacturing processes that deliver a faultless product. As a consequence, our transformers deliver superior value over their life through reliable performance.
With significant growth we are expanding our high-performing Engineering team. We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join our Power Transformer Business Unit in Melbourne, Australia. This individual will play a major part in the team designing and improving the design of Power Transformers and will focus on initiating improvements in our standard methodology and design practice, together with developing electrical production designs. In addition, reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager, this role will ensure the highest standards of service in building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide innovative and creative engineering solutions that meet the WTC standard design practices and customer requirements
- Deliver engineering solutions on time, considering the most cost-effective utilisation of people, materials and plant while maintaining high quality standards
- Comply with the Company engineering and information control standards
- Through innovative design enable productivity, quality gains and improve Designs
- Electrical design of power transformers, typically ranging from 5 to 550 MVA and up to 330kV class.
- Continuous improvement of design to achieve best practice standards
- Provision of comprehensive technical information for tenders and detailed designs
- Capable of reading, understanding and interpreting Bill of Materials and relevant drawings
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and motivate others to meet tight deadlines
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Ten Years’ experience on Power Transformer electrical design for manufacturing and safety
- Knowledge of power transformers products and related standards with the adaptability to learn new software
- Demonstrated project management, planning and cost control skills
- High level engineering skills and competent to in first principles design approach
- Capable in development of designs in modern transformer design software
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and well versed in “Design for Manufacture” and “Safety in design” principles
- Experience with introducing new manufacturing equipment to efficiently implement product designs will be highly regarded
- Five plus years’ experience in designing transformers 220kV class and above will be highly regarded
At Wilson Transformer Company, we offer excellent career opportunities and a progressive, supportive and friendly team working environment.