USA, Texas: A transformer fire at a CenterPoint Energy substation in northwest Harris County led to a power cut to approximately 75,000 customers.
"There was a large transformer that faulted and caught fire. Exactly how that happened, whether it will be an overload or something like that, we're going to work with them (CenterPoint) to get that information," Capt. Dean Hensley, with the Harris County Fire Marshal's Office told Eyewitness News, reports abc13.
For a period of time, firefighters had to just watch the transformer burn as 10,000 customers affected turned into 75,000.
No one was hurt. The shelter-in-place was lifted late Tuesday after the fire burned for three hours.
Crews worked through the night to reroute power and restore service.