Australia, Sydney: Two men have suffered burns after an explosion occurred at the electricity substation on Southdown Place in Airds in Sydney's south west.
A Fire and Rescue spokesperson said that upon arrival at the scene, they found a large electricity distribution kiosk, containing a transformer, emitting smoke after experiencing an electrical fault, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
At the scene ambulance workers treated two male patients. The first had suffered severe burns to his face, chest and hands, and was transported to the specialist burns unit at Royal North Shore Hospital, while the second had suffered minor burns.
It is understood Fire and Rescue remained at the location until the distribution box was no longer a fault-risk and considered safe.
Source: The Sydney Morning Herald