USA, Pennsylvania: Firefighters battled a blaze at the Lehigh Valley natural gas power plant for hours after transformer explosion sparked a fire at the facility on Sunday evening.
A transformer exploded just after 8 p.m. sending intense flames and thick black smoke into the air, reports NBC10.
Firefighters were forced to stay back from the fire because of electrocution concerns when they first arrived on scene. They were spraying fire-retardant foam on the blaze from afar, officials said.
The fire was contained to the transformer on the plant's grounds and was brought under control after over two hours.
An investigation is ongoing into what caused the incident.
The plant's shut down did not result in power outages, and no injuries were reported.