USA, North Carolina: A transformer fire broke out early Wednesday morning at the McGuire Nuclear Station in Huntersville, North Carolina.
The fire crews at the scene said the fire was confined to a transformer building in a switchyard across the street from the actual plant, reports WSOCTV.
Officials are now working to identify the cause of the fire.
A spokeswoman for the nuclear facility told WSOCTV they don't know what started the fire but there was no one in the transformer yard when it began. By that point, officials said, workers were unable to reach the faulty transformer to determine its issue.
She said officials believe the fire was caused by an equipment failure.