Kuwait: An engineer and a technician suffered severe burns when a power cable exploded inside a power transformer room in Salwa.
The two victims, working for a company contracted by the Ministry of Electricity and Water (MEW), were performing maintenance work on the transformers when the incident happened, reports Kuwait Times.
A source cited by Kuwait Times said that following the repairs, the engineer and technician entered the transformer to start it, when a spark on the switchboard caused the fire.
The technicians’ health condition is now stable, while the Ministry has ordered immediate investigation to find out what happened.
Source: Kuwait Times