Thailand, Patong: An estimated $1.8.M (Bt 60 M) in damage was caused when a row of shops caught fire in Patong on Friday night.
The fire started due to a faulty electrical transformer and quickly escalates to engulf nearby roadside shops. Firefighters and emergency responders arrived at the scene quickly and it took about three hours to extinguish the fire.
No injuries were reported. Patong Police Chief, Anothai Jindamanee, said: “At this stage we believed that the fire has started from an electric transformer. However the forensic police are continuing their investigation.” About 10 clothing and souvenirs shops were damaged or destroyed in the blaze.
Source: The Nation