Canada, Toronto: A transformer explosion triggered a power surge in Toronto, sparking fires and knocking out power to some homes.
No injuries have been reported.
Within minutes, firefighters were on scene. A very thick black smoke was billowing from the back of a home about four doors down.
While electricity has been restored, residents who lost power being advised to turn or keep their circuit breaker off until it can be properly inspected.
The Toronto Premium Outlets Mall was also evacuated as a precaution due to reports of smoke. Police said all occupants got out safely. Normal operations have since resumed.
Source: CTV News Toronto