Nigeria, Lagos: Around 50 lockup shops and five buildings were devoured by the fire at the extension of the popular Balogun Market in Lagos Island, causing hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages.
The fire was caused by a power surge after an electrical spark occurred from a power transformer, which later spread to an electricity generator, reports This Day Live.
The fire was additionally aided by the dry harmattan weather, which accentuated its intensity.
Although there were no casualties reported, the fire caused huge economic losses to the owners of the razed shops and the buildings.
Source: This Day Live